Langtang, the scenic Himalayan Region of Nepal bordering Tibet is one of the nearest trekking region from the capital, Kathmandu. Offering multiple adventure opportunities to trekkers and climbing enthusiasts, Langtang is one of the most loved trekking destination of Nepal.
Gateway to numerous Himalayan Peaks, Langtang showcases some of the most peaceful landscapes and alpine forests with the lifestyle, culture and celebration of Locals adding color to the land gifted by the nature.
Langtang was one of the most affected region by the devastating April 2015 earthquake. However the regions is now safe and once again open for visitors.
Langtang Valley Trek
Langtang Valley Trekking is probably one of the best treks to witness the authentic Tibetan culture because of its close proximity with Tibet. At the meantime the trek also highlights the 360 degree view of Himalayas from sacred Kyanjin Gompa. Since the region does not hold any 8000er the Himalayas in the Langtang Region is dominated by Majestic 7000er Langtang Lirung. [Detail Itinerary]
This trekking route is considered as a classical easy, relatively short trek for moderately fit persons.
The shortest approach to the Himalayas that caters abundance of authentic Tibetan culture 360 degree view of Himalayas dominated by Langtang Lirung and alpine floral and faunal species in the conserved Langtang National Park.”
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is one of the least frequented trekking routes of Langtang Region. The trekking along this trail is adventurously hilarious and at the meantime has huge religious significance as it arrives at one of the sacred lakes for Hindus Gosain Kunda. Langtang Gosainkunda Trek with is an exceptional trek to the Himalayas and the Himalayan hamlets, which cater wonderful rewards of nature and culture of the beautiful Langtang Region.
“Langtang Gosainkunda Trek- Striking alpine beauty blended with mid-hill delights, thriving Tibetan culture mixed with Hindu religious values and the lush vegetation dominated by colorful floras and faunas, the trek has it all.”
When To Go!!
Nepal basically have two trekking season Autumn (September – November) and Spring (March – May).
- Autumn: Excellent weather, Moderate Temperature, Clear Sky with outstanding views
- Spring: Mildly warm at lower elevations and quite moderate temperature at higher elevation, spectacular and excellent mountains View.
How Much Does It Cost!!
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) card: USD$ 10 per Person (USD$ 15 per Person if Travelling Solo)
- Langtang National Park Entry Fee: USD$ 35 per Person
What To Take !!
- Backpack to carry gears/ trekking equipment, clothes.
- Daypack to carry your equipments for the day.
- Good pair of light trekking shoes/boots.
- Water and windproof outer shell jacket and pants.
- Sleeping bag
- First aid kit.
- Water purifiers.
- Sunscreen and sun hat.
Langtang Region is the third most visited trekking destination of Nepal after Everest and Annapurna.
Langtang A Year After the Earthquake
Killing almost 8000 and injuring more than 21000, the April earthquake was one of the most devastating earthquke in the history of Nepal. With most of the trekking destination surviving, the story was different for Langtang. Killing almost 300 alone, Langtang was one of the most affected tourist destination.
However, the story is different after a year in langtang, the reconstruction work has gone accordingly as planned.
- The disrupted routes are reopened with some re-routeing and currently almost 10 tourist (both domestic and international) visit langtang on daily basis.
- Many Hotels and Tea House have come into operation. Sindhum and Kyanjin operates 35 hotels alone.
- On the first anniversary of the earthquake, survivors and closed ones of the victims, treked from trekked to Langtang from Syafrubensi to pay tribute to their beloved.
- Over 150 community members have returned to rebuild.
With new community and village slowly coming up, Langtang is ready for trekkers and backpackers. Breathtaking valleys, Stunning Himalayan vistas and Lush pine forest still make Langtang a popular destination for trekkers.